Monday, December 10, 2012

A single glorious light.

For anyone that says, "What good is it for me to fight alone?" or "What difference can my light make in this constant storm?". I ask you to consider this....

For centuries lighthouses kept countless sailors from death, gave them direction and comfort. These lighthouses were not needed daily, and of course never animated , went out and saved a sailor itself. However talk to any old sailor or read any manuscript from old voyages, and they talk of lighthouses and lighthouse keepers with reverence and endearment.

It sounds corny to say, remember to be a lighthouse, or even to ask you to picture yourself as a lighthouse in a storm, but I truly believe that even a single light in the darkness can make a difference.

Inside my empty bottle I was constructing a lighthouse while all the others were making ships - Charles Simic

No comments:

Post a Comment